1. The information that we collect
We hold basic contact details relating to our customers and prospective customers in the form of telephone numbers, email addresses and postal addresses so that we can communicate with them as necessary and record the basic details of who we are contracting with. We also hold electronic copies of our correspondence sent to or received from our customers in accordance with GDPR regulations (Data Protection Act 2018)
2. How we collect Personal Data
We use basic sources of information only which include:
- Information about you that you give to us by entering information via our websites email enquiry page or our social media pages or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give to us includes your name, contact details (such as phone number, email address and postal address), enquiry details and sometimes includes your opinion of our products and services.
Our website processes basic information only. Please see our Cookies Policy in section 7 for further information
3. How we use your information
Hawkscroft Ltd will only use the Personal Data for the benefit of its customers or for some other lawful purpose. For example, we may use your Personal Data:
- To correspond and communicate with you
- For logistical purposes i.e. to arrange deliveries etc
- For general administration including managing your queries
- For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities
- To undertake credit checks for finance (if applicable)
- For information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights
- To enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights
We will never share your Personal Data with a third party.
4. Where your information is stored and how it is kept secure
We hold your information in our secure computer systems and in some cases in hard form in our offices customers in accordance with GDPR regulations.
5. How long your information will be held
If we collect your Personal Data, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that data and our obligations under other laws however we do not retain Personal Data in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary. The only exceptions to this are where:
- The law requires us to hold your Personal Data for a longer period, or delete it sooner
You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted in this paragraph, or because we are required under the law (see further Erasing your Personal Data or restricting its processing in section 8 below)
We do not use your Personal Data for marketing purposes.
8. Your rights as a Data Subject
Accessing your Personal Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you (in accordance with GDPR legislation) by emailing or writing to us at the address in paragraph 9 of this privacy notice.
Correcting and updating your Personal Data
The accuracy of your personal data is important to us. If you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting us at the contact details provided in section 9.
Erasing your Personal Data or restricting its processing
In certain circumstances, you may ask for your Personal Data to be removed from our systems by emailing or writing to us at the address in paragraph 9 of this privacy notice. Unless there is a reason that the law allows us to use your Personal Data for longer, we will comply with your request.
Your 'data subject' rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data under GDPR. We may ask you for information to confirm your identity in order to help us search for your Personal Data. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received a request for information regarding ‘data subject’ rights.
9. Identity and contact details of the data controller
Data Protection Officer: Toby I B Jones
3a & 4 Alscot Park Studios
Atherstone on Stour
tratford upon Avon
Hawkscroft Ltd process, store and delete all client information securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.